Promoting Agritourism in Burnett County
Agritourism is any agricultural-based operation that attracts tourists to visit local farms, ranches or other agricultural businesses. It is evident that agriculture is a vital component of the economy, culture and landscape of Burnett County. The goal of Burnett County Fresh is to cultivate relationships with those in the community while working to bridge the gap between the producer and consumer. Agriculture can be an intimidating topic of discussion; which is why it is essential that there are countless opportunities for folks to get educated and see just how producers are working to feed the world.
People are becoming more and more interested in how their food is being produced. Agritourism is a great way to raise public awareness by demonstrating what all goes into the food we put on the table and in our bodies. For many, these farm tours and other agricultural-based attractions are the only interactions people may have with livestock and the food production industry. That being said, it is our responsibility to educate and provide as much clarity as possible in areas of uncertainty so we can build up a stronger foundation of trust between the local consumer and producer.
Fresh, local, quality produce...
Scattered around the county from spring through fall shop at quality markets, organized by the Burnett County Farmers’ Market. Shoppers will enjoy fresh fruits and vegetables, handmade jellies and goods, plants and more.
In addition, Burnett County is home to multiple fruit farms, offering fresh fruit and a farming experience. Along the backroads of the county, seek out Squirrel Ridge Farm, growing organic blueberries and offering wood-fired pizzas and artisan foods. Lindy’s Berries is a family-owned and operated produce farm, operating for over 30 years. On Poquette Lake, try Smith’s Apple Farm, a 3200-tree apple orchard with a bakery and gift shop, making it the perfect fall destination. South of Grantsburg, Holmes Lake Apple Orchard offers an opportunity for u-pick from 12 varieties.
Market Locations and Times
Alpha and Grantsburg Markets are open from June through October. Siren's Market opens in May.
Thursdays from 3 - 5 pm.
Located at Burnett Dairy Cooperative on Highway 70.
Mondays from Noon-2 pm.
Located in the Village Hall/Library Parking Lot on Brad Street.
Fridays from 2 - 4 pm.
Burnett Medical Center parking lot
Saturdays from 1 - 3 pm.
Located one block south of the stop lights at the Tesora Restaurant parking lot on Highway 35.
Every Friday (6/21/19 - 9/20/19) from 1pm to 5pm
- Burnett County Dairy Co-Operative Ag Services
- Burnett Dairy Cooperative is a 200-dairy, farmer-owned cooperative based near Grantsburg, Wisconsin. Founded in 1896, we are one of the few remaining full-service cooperatives producing cheese today. With the guidance of our Wisconsin Master Cheesemaker®, our award-winning cheeses are Masterfully Made™ with inventive flavors and inspired quality for retail, deli, foodservice and private-label customers.
- Burnett County Extension Office
- Keep up to date on the latest news in local government. UWEX educators write about recent changes and issues that affect local governments.
- Burnett County Forest & Parks
- Natural resources, such as those provided by the Burnett County Forest, satisfy the ecological and socio-economic needs of society. The mission of the County Forest is to manage, conserve, and protect these resources on a sustainable basis for present and future generations.
- Burnett County Land Service
- The Land Services Department consists of three divisions: Conservation, Property Information and Zoning.
- Dairy Extensions Resources
- UW-Extension Dairy Team strengthens the competitiveness of the Wisconsin Dairy Industry through statewide leadership in education and research.
- Polk Burnett Beekeepers Association
- Our goal is to create an open environment for the sharing of information pertaining to beekeeping We support all beekeepers from beginner to expert.
- Siren Community Ag Association
- Our mission is to promote sustainable agricultural businesses and practices in Burnett and Polk Counties and educate the public on its economic impact.
Farming Operations & Attractions
- Four Cubs Farm
- Burnett Dairy Co-Operative
- Squirrel Ridge Farm
- Lindy’s Berries
- Smoland Prairie Homestead Inn
- Fieldstone Farms - Farm raised beef, pork & chicken
- Roadside Produce Stands
Breweries and Wineries
Fairs and annual Events
- Burnett County Agricultural Society Fair
- Central Burnett County Fair
- Dairy Day
- Siren Community Ag Association - Annual Dairy Breakfast
- Crex Meadows Wildlife Area & Visitor Center
- Namekagon Barrens Wildlife Area
- Gandy Dancer State Recreational Trail
- Hiking/Biking Trails in Burnett County
[Did we miss something? Shoot us an email and let us know so we can add your agritourism opportunity to the site!]